Saturday, September 12, 2009

Busy Kid

On a visit to Poppy and Nana's house, Gretchen liked sitting under the "tree" and touching the dried poppy stems. So Nana gave Gretchen one stem to hold. She broke it in 2 places, chewed on it, and banged it on the other stems, but what else is a kid supposed to do with it?







When the dogs go outside, Gretchen pulls herself up on the window ledge to watch them. And Loki likes to peer back at Gretchen.




On Labor Day we hiked the local foothills. Gretchen enjoyed the ride in the backpack.


As I was putting baby stuff away in a bin for storage, Gretchen wanted to be in the bin. So I lifted her in and she was content playing in the bin for 30 minutes. She found a lotion bottle which she carried in her mouth since her hands were busy holding onto the sides of the bin.


2 comments:

The Smedshammers said...

All I can hear with those dog/window pictures is the Lawerence Welk rendition of "How Much is that Doggy in the Window"....TOO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is Chelsea.

Gretchen and Lick-y are going to be great friends! Also I love his handle bar mustache. Too funny!

I also wanted to post a comment on the birthday page but got confused - ok - so CUTE birthday photos!